If you or someone you love displays three or more of the following signs, there may be a problem with sex addiction (adapted from Patrick Carnes, PhD):
- Difficulty resisting impulses to engage in specific sexual behavior.
- Spending more time than intended while engaging in those sexual behaviors.
- Frequently trying to stop, reduce, or control those sexual behaviors.
- Spending an inordinate amount of time obtaining sex, being sexual, or recovering from sexual experiences.
- Preoccupation and/or obssessing over the sexual behavior or preparing for it.
- Engaging in those sexual behaviors even though you are expected to be at work, school or with your significant relationships.
- Continuing the sexual behavior despite knowing you have a problem that is made worse by that sexual behavior.
- Engaging in more intense or risky sexual behaviors, or becoming more bold with those sexual behaviors.
- Giving up or limiting activities because of the sexual behavior.
- Distress, anxiety, restlessness or irritability if unable to engage in the sexual behavior.
Call us at 888.522.4496 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
for a confidential assessment or for more information.