Minimal Time Off Work
Repair Relationships & Wreckage
Targeted to Participants’ Needs
The 5-Day IOP at Foundry is an intensive outpatient program offering practical, skills-based treatment for recovery from sexual compulsivity (also referred to as out of control sexual behaviors, or OCSB) and is designed for busy professionals who want a solid start in their recovery, but taking two weeks or more away from work and responsibilities is simply not an option. The 5-Day IOP at Foundry is offered Wed-Sun, although custom scheduling is available, and is held monthly in Oakland.
Foundry interprets problematic sexual behavior (often referred to as sex addiction) as primarily a habituated response to other stressors. The behaviors may be compulsive, or they may simply be “problematic sexual behavior.” Foundry’s 5-Day Intensive Outpatient Program is designed to provide male IOP participants with valuable education and insight about sexually compulsive and problematic sexual behaviors:
* How the behavior, risk-taking and secret-keeping becomes a habit.
* What other purposes these compulsive behaviors may be serving in your life.
* Psychobiological dependencies created by serial erotic infatuations (i.e. “love addiction.”)
* Strategies to combat future minimizing, justifying, or rationalizing the problematic sexual behavior.
* Constructing a personalized relapse-prevention plan for your specific triggers/behaviors.
* Variety of ways spouses are adversely affected by the lies and betrayal, and best practices to begin process of repair.
The IOP is also designed to support couples in the aftermath of discovery, as the damaged relationship requires stabilization and education ASAP. Spouses want to know that their partner is committed to changing their behavior, to addressing their underlying issues and motivators, and to accepting responsibility for re-establishing safety and healing.
The 5-Day IOP runs Wednesday through Sunday, from 9am-5pm. This is an all-male program, limited to 4 high-functioning participants.
Before the IOP starts, participants complete a battery of online psychological assessments. These assessment measures allow Foundry therapists to better understand your unique psychological profile and to customize the IOP treatment in ways that will specifically benefit your clinical needs.
- Highly structured, skills-based treatment
- Individual Assessment
- Individualized Sexual Accountability Plan
- Recovery Tools: Affect Regulation, Anger Management, Stress Reduction
- Impact on Spouses/Partners
- Family of Origin Issues
- Connections: Sexual Arousal and Trauma
- Connections: Secrecy and Intimacy-Avoidance
- Customized Relapse Prevention Tools
- Task work and nightly homework assignments
- Detailed Aftercare Plan
- 60-minute assessment interview (telephone/Skype or in person)
- Online assessment measures
- Required reading
- 30-minute interview with spouse/partner, if applicable (telephone/Skype or in person)
- In-depth clinical consultation with your ongoing treating therapist
- Follow-up sessions to monitor progress and troubleshoot challenges (telephone/Skype or in person)
Call us at 888.522.4496 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
for a confidential assessment or for more information.
PASSWORD PROTECTED: Registered participants for The 5-Day IOP at Foundry click here.